Using Media Center Passes
- Students need to have a Media Center Pass completed and signed by a teacher to use the media center during the school day.
- Pads of Media Center Passes are available in the office area workroom.
- Teachers may send individual students or small groups (no more than five) to the media center without scheduling in advance.
Scheduling Class Use of the Media Center
- To optimize the use of the media center's facility and resources, teachers need to schedule class use of the media center as far in advance as possible. Teachers are required to complete the Media Center Use form when signing up for a designated day and time.
- It is in the best interest of students if the teacher, media coordinator /technology facilitator jointly plan a research activity no less than two weeks before the activity is assigned to students.
- Teachers are encouraged to discuss mini-lessons that can be taught to students by the media coordinator prior to beginning their research.
Scheduling Class Use of the Computer Labs
Calendars for scheduling the use of the general computer lab and the laptop cart are located in Google Documents.
Requesting Materials We Own
- Teachers may request materials by emailing the media coordinator or the media and technology assistant.
- An acknowledgement of the request and the action taken will be sent in a reply email.
Requesting Materials for Purchase or Interlibrary Loan
- If we do not own material you need for instruction, you may request that we purchase or borrow through Interlibrary Loan.
- If purchase is preferable, please submit as much information as possible about the product, including a copy of the catalog.