Drivers Education Class Information Drivers Education Teacher contact information is as follows:
North Carolina Driving School Inc.
PO Box 1397
Winterville, NC 28590
1-800-375-6550 or 252-321-6700 www.ncdrivingschool.com
The Drivers Education teacher is employed through the county and not through our school. If you need to speak with the Drivers Education teacher this is the only method to contact them. Requirements for Drivers Education Class are as follows:
- Must be 14 ½ years old on or before first date of class
- Must have a copy of birth certificate
- No pre registration for class. Sign up on first day of class
- Must be a resident of Carteret County
- No cost for the class.
There will be a $65.00 fee when you begin driving. Class times 3:00-6:00. Class dates are as follows:
- October 11 - October 27, 2016
- November 29 - December 15, 2016
- February 6 - February 23, 2017
- March 20 - April 5, 2017
- May 1 - May 17, 2017
When you have completed the Drivers Education class if you are a student of the Carteret County Schools you will need to get a North Carolina Drivers Eligibility Certificate. To obtain this certificate you must have the following:
- Driver’s Education Certificate
- Must pass 3 of the 4 classes from the previous semester
- Parent or Legal Guardian Must Sign the North Carolina Eligibility Certificate.
Parent or Legal Guardian will need to bring Driver’s License for proof of identity If you are a student of Croatan High School you may get the North Carolina Eligibility Certificate from the following: Registrar, Counselors, Assistant Principals, or Bookkeeper.
For information about private lessons go to their website www.ncdrivingschool.com