Chorus and Band Concert
April 6, 7, 8 & 9
CHS Musical: The Wizard of Oz
May 23, 7:00 PM
Croatan Choirs' Awards Concert
June 12-16 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Week #1: Grimm Brothers’ Fairy Tales
June 26-30 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Week #2: Medieval Times
July 31-August 4 Musical 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Week # 3: Disney’s Sleeping Beauty
Croatan High School,
a successful community of scholars and leaders,
encourages unparalleled student growth
through compelling opportunities
and innovative use of resources.
CHS School Buses
Please click here for information on bus routes
*Visit link below to download and print parking application*
School Resource Officer
Text Version of Robocall (2/16)
Registration sheets for next year's classes went home with students today. Please take the weekend to review and fill out the registration form. We are requesting forms to be returned by Tuesday Feb 21. Your student will meet individually with their counselor regarding his or her course selections. The schedule for those meetings is posted on the school website under the Student Services link in the events calendar.
Text Version of Robocall (2/15)
The spring sports kickoff meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 21 at 6:00 PM and 6:30 PM. The meeting is required for parents only. The 6:00 meeting is in the auditorium, is for anyone that has not attended a sports kickoff meeting this year. The 2nd meeting is for all parents who have a spring sport athlete. The meeting places for the 6:30 meeting are as follows:
Track - Auditorium
Soccer - Media Center
Lacrosse - Cafeteria
Baseball - Matt Grulke's Room (514)
Softball - Gym
Tennis - David Perry's Room (162)
Golf - Mike Springfield's Room
ACT State and District Testing for ALL Juniors
Tuesday, February 28, 2017 Click here for more information.
SPIRIT POINTS RACE
Seniors: 48 Juniors: 41 Sophomores: 21 Freshmen: 30
In compliance with Federal Law, Carteret County Public Schools administers all education programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age or disability.
CHS Winter Headlines
Wrestling: takes 4th place in the state tournament (2/19)
Lacrosse: defeats Topsail and Jack Britt (2/19)
Indoor Percussion Ensemble: First in class at Panther Creek Invitational, 4th place overall (2/19)
National Merit Finalists: Cadyn Davis, Emma Meno, Alyssa Mickle, and James Philips (2/18)
Indoor track: Boys team wins 2nd in the state, girls claim 5th (2/11)
Michael Quispe - 1st place in the 500
Boys 4x400 - 1st place (Michael, Tyler Robinson, Robert Brenneman, Joseph Bulfer)
Girls 4 x 800 - 2nd place (Lydia Best, Maleia Smith, Madi Hillburn, Kayleigh Hanson)
Girls - 3rd place 4x400 (Lydia, Maleia, Kayleigh, Emily Altman) Boys - 2nd in 4 x 800 (Joseph Bulfer, Jamie Rodriguez, Michael Quispe, Devin Barnes)
Kaleigh Hanson - 2nd in the 500 Robert Brenneman - 2nd in the 300
Devin Barnes - 3rd in the 1000
Frantasia Hill-1st place in Original Oratory
Cadyn Davis-2nd place in Original Oratory, and points race Champion in Original Oratory for the entire season.
Chiragji Odedra-4th place in Original Oratory
Taylor Cronkhite-6th place in Original Oratory
Bailey Ragsdale-1st place and Top Novice in Informative Speaking
Josh Wagner-2nd place in Informative Speaking
Ali Morton-3rd place in Informative Speaking
Casey Dulaney-5th place in Informative Speaking
James McCoy-4th place in Humorous Interpretation
Grace Burrows-1st place in Novice Original Oratory
Jensen Stephenson-1st place in Dramatic Interpretation
Alena Bradley-5th place and Top Novice in Dramatic Interpretation, 5th place and Top Novice in Program Oral Interpretation
Sheila Skrabacz-1st place in Declamation
Joey Harbolt-1st place and Top Novice in Oral Interpretation
Seayoung Lee-5th place in Varsity Lincoln-Douglas Debate
Russell D'Amico-2nd place and Top Novice in Congressional Debate-Best Presiding Officer
- Boy's Varsity Swimming: Finished 2nd in the Regionals
- Girl's Varsity Swimming: Finished 5th in the Regionals
- Girl's Basketball: Won in Overtime against SW Onslow
- Wrestling: Won the Conference Championship Tournament at Northside. (1/29)
- Wrestling Conference Champions: (1/29)
- Erich Beikirch
- Clay Sanders
- Ryan Perry
- Dalton Lehotta
- Stevie Sharpe
- Cheerleaders: finished 3rd in Conference Championships
- JV Boy's, Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys Basketball: All 3 teams were victorious against Dixon.(1/25)
- Speech and Debate 3rd place in team sweepstakes
Bailey Ragsdale-1st Place and Top Novice in Informative Speaking
Alison Morton-2nd Place in Informative Speaking
Casey Dulaney-7th Place in Informative Speaking
Russell D'Amico-Top Novice in Congressional Debate
Cadyn Davis-1st Place in Original Oratory
Grace Burrows-4th Place and Top Novice in Original Oratory
Taylor Cronkhite-5th Place in Original Oratory
Alena Bradley-1st Place in Novice Dramatic Interpretation and Top Novice in Program Oral Interpretaion
Morgan Chappa-2nd Place in Novice Dramatic Interpretation
James McCoy-6th in Humorous Interpretation
James McCoy and Grace Burrows-6th in Duo Interpretation
Scholastic Art Winners:
- Benjamin Meyer - Gold Key for "Yellowstone"
- Anna Desmone - Gold Key for "Jubilee"
- Scholastic Art Honorable Mention:
- Sixtos Arellano - "Salty Water"
- Isaiah Barber - "Normalize Legalize:
- CJ Brooks - "Debt?"
- Laura Hartman - "Gratitude"
- Emerald Ingram - "the Truth of Society"
- Sequoia Kollros - "Color Me Happy"
- Frances Swiber - "Bliss" and "The Rift"
- Wrestling defeats East Duplin (1/20)
- Congratulation to Band Members for All-District Honors: (1/18)
- 9/10 Band
- Shiloh Waite, Flute - 5th Chair
- Madison Sonzogni, Bassoon - 1st Chair
- Rachel Leonard, Trumpet - 5th Chair
- Lydia Domitrovits, Horn - 8th Chair
- Charlie Tulevech, Tuba - 4th Chair
- 11/12 Band
- Alyssa Mickle, Clarinet - 4th Chair
- Sarah Parkhurst, Clarinet - 18th Chair
- Ryleigh Moore, Trumpet - 6th Chair
- Varsity Girls' Basketball: defeated SW Onslow (1/13)
- Wrestling: finished 2nd in the Beast of the East Tournament at Croatan High School
- Charles Corbell and Grant Hall won 1st place.
- JV Boys' Basketball defeated Swansboro (12/8)
- Wrestling defeated West Carteret High School (12/7)
- Varsity Boy's game suspended in 2nd quarter and will be rescheduled later. (12/7)
- Varsity Girl's lost to East Carteret
- JV Boy's and Girl's Basketball lost to East Carteret.
- Boy's and Girl's Swim Team won 1st Place at the MacDaddy's County Fish Bowl. (12/5)
- Boy's Basketball defeated Richlands (12/2)
- Girl's Basketball lost to Richlands (12/2)
- The Speech and Debate Team finished 38th out of 116 teams from over 30 states at George Mason University .
- Individual Winners
Chiragji Odedra-Finalist 6th Place (out of approx.160 students) in Original Oratory
Frantasia Hill-Semifinalist (Top 14 out of approx. 160 students) in Original Oratory
Russell D'Amico-Quarterfinalist in Extemporaneous Speaking
Jensen Stephenson-Quarterfinalist in Dramatic Interpretation
Alena Bradley-Quarterfinalist in Program Oral Interpretation