Chorus and Band Concert
April 6, 7, 8 & 9
CHS Musical: The Wizard of Oz
Purchase tickets here:
May 23, 7:00 PM
Croatan Choirs' Awards Concert
June 12-16 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Week #1: Grimm Brothers’ Fairy Tales
June 26-30 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Week #2: Medieval Times
July 31-August 4 Musical 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Week # 3: Disney’s Sleeping Beauty
Croatan High School,
a successful community of scholars and leaders,
encourages unparalleled student growth
through compelling opportunities
and innovative use of resources.
CHS School Buses
Please click here for information on bus routes
*Visit link below to download and print parking application*
School Resource Officer
Text Version of Robocall (3/12)
Jostens will be in the Media Center on Friday during all three lunches delivering senior products. Any balances must be paid in CASH on Friday. They can be paid in advance using a credit or debit card by calling 252-355-1571. Students who have not ordered a cap and gown yet MUST call 252-355-1571. If the balance is paid in full and you are unable to pickup products on Friday, Mrs. Perry can pick it up for them and hold it in her office, but she will need permission from the seniors or their parents to do so.
Please help out a Cougar Mom who is also a huge supporter of Croatan Teachers and Croatan Athletics!
Vote today for NC Doctor's Day - vote for Dr. Orr!
Cap and Gown Delivery
March 24th during lunches in the Media Center.
Balances must be paid with CASH. Questions: 252-355-1571.
Tuesday, May 16th at 6 PM
Friday, May 19th at 8:30 AM
Prom Registration dates:
March 29 & 30, April 5 & 6, April 11 - 12
Wizard of Oz
April 6 - 9
SPIRIT POINTS RACE
Seniors: 48 Juniors: 41 Sophomores: 21 Freshmen: 30
In compliance with Federal Law, Carteret County Public Schools administers all education programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age or disability.
CHS Spring Headlines
- Speech & Debate districts net three national qualifiers
- Cadyn Davis-Dramatic Interpretation
- Alena Bradley-Dramatic Interpretation
- Luke Burrows-Original Oratory
- Lacrosse wins against Jacksonville (3/24)
- Baseball takes Southwest Onslow (3/24)
- Congratulations to Patrick Barnum: 1st place in the Senior Individual Performance category in the Northeast Regional National History Day competition (3/23)
- Tennis defeats Swansboro (3/23)
- Congratulations to Matthew Elardo named Levine Scholar (3/21)
- Soccer defeats Northside (3/21)
- Golf takes conference match, Manny Edmonds medals overall (3/21)
- JV Baseball defeats Northside (3/21)
- Tennis wins against Southwest Onslow (3/21)
- Lacrosse beats West Carteret (3/21)
- Varsity Baseball victorious over Northside (3/21)
- Science Olympiad wins the NCSO Regional Competition! (3/18)
- Congratulations: Girl's 4x400 team came in first at the T. Sanders Invitational, members Kaleigh Hanson, Lydia Best, Maleia Smith, Ki-Ki Klaumann (3/18)
- Lacrosse defeats First Flight (3/10)
- Varsity Baseball victorious over Swansboro (3/10)
- Congratulations to Chiragji Arjanji Odedra: Governor's School: - Natural Science
- Congratulations: FFA Farm Business Management team Eric Barnes, Samantha Crossen, Josef Himes and Brandon McCutcheon, 1st place in the federation, 4th in the SE region, and 16th in the state. High scorer Josef Himes
- Congratulations: Alyssa Mickle - North Carolina All-State Honors Band on Clarinet (3/4)
Skills USA results (3/3)
- Delaney Padgett 2nd place in Spelling
- Sara Huber 3rd place in Spelling
- Mason Warren 2nd place in Extemporaneous Speaking
- Makayla Westmoreland 5th place Related Technical Math
- Alex Crespo, Wyatt Fails, Jenna D'Amico, Sam Blair, Chigz Odedra, and Brannon McCutcheon placed 4th in Quiz Bowl.
- Tennis defeats Jacksonville 8-1 (3/2)
Indoor Percussion Ensemble: placed 3rd at Clayton HS (2/25)
Wrestling: takes 4th place in the state tournament (2/19)
Lacrosse: defeats Topsail and Jack Britt (2/19)
Indoor Percussion Ensemble: First in class at Panther Creek Invitational, 4th place overall (2/19)
National Merit Finalists: Cadyn Davis, Emma Meno, Alyssa Mickle, and James Philips (2/18)
Indoor track: Boys team wins 2nd in the state, girls claim 5th (2/11)
Michael Quispe - 1st place in the 500
Boys 4x400 - 1st place (Michael, Tyler Robinson, Robert Brenneman, Joseph Bulfer)
Girls 4 x 800 - 2nd place (Lydia Best, Maleia Smith, Madi Hillburn, Kayleigh Hanson)
Girls - 3rd place 4x400 (Lydia, Maleia, Kayleigh, Emily Altman) Boys - 2nd in 4 x 800 (Joseph Bulfer, Jamie Rodriguez, Michael Quispe, Devin Barnes)
Kaleigh Hanson - 2nd in the 500 Robert Brenneman - 2nd in the 300
Devin Barnes - 3rd in the 1000
Wrestling: wins the regional championship (2/11)
1st place - Ryan Perry and Grant Hall
2nd place - Clay Sanders amd Charles Corbell
3rd place - Justin Jolin, Dalton Lehotta and Stevie Sharpe
4th place - Erich Beikert
Frantasia Hill-1st place in Original Oratory
Cadyn Davis-2nd place in Original Oratory, and points race Champion in Original Oratory for the entire season.
Chiragji Odedra-4th place in Original Oratory
Taylor Cronkhite-6th place in Original Oratory
Bailey Ragsdale-1st place and Top Novice in Informative Speaking
Josh Wagner-2nd place in Informative Speaking
Ali Morton-3rd place in Informative Speaking
Casey Dulaney-5th place in Informative Speaking
James McCoy-4th place in Humorous Interpretation
Grace Burrows-1st place in Novice Original Oratory
Jensen Stephenson-1st place in Dramatic Interpretation
Alena Bradley-5th place and Top Novice in Dramatic Interpretation, 5th place and Top Novice in Program Oral Interpretation
Sheila Skrabacz-1st place in Declamation
Joey Harbolt-1st place and Top Novice in Oral Interpretation
Seayoung Lee-5th place in Varsity Lincoln-Douglas Debate
Russell D'Amico-2nd place and Top Novice in Congressional Debate-Best Presiding Officer
- Boy's Varsity Swimming: Finished 2nd in the Regionals
- Girl's Varsity Swimming: Finished 5th in the Regionals
- Girl's Basketball: Won in Overtime against SW Onslow
- Wrestling: Won the Conference Championship Tournament at Northside. (1/29)
- Wrestling Conference Champions: (1/29)
- Erich Beikirch
- Clay Sanders
- Ryan Perry
- Dalton Lehotta
- Stevie Sharpe
- Cheerleaders: finished 3rd in Conference Championships
- JV Boy's, Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys Basketball: All 3 teams were victorious against Dixon.(1/25)
- Speech and Debate 3rd place in team sweepstakes
Bailey Ragsdale-1st Place and Top Novice in Informative Speaking
Alison Morton-2nd Place in Informative Speaking
Casey Dulaney-7th Place in Informative Speaking
Russell D'Amico-Top Novice in Congressional Debate
Cadyn Davis-1st Place in Original Oratory
Grace Burrows-4th Place and Top Novice in Original Oratory
Taylor Cronkhite-5th Place in Original Oratory
Alena Bradley-1st Place in Novice Dramatic Interpretation and Top Novice in Program Oral Interpretaion
Morgan Chappa-2nd Place in Novice Dramatic Interpretation
James McCoy-6th in Humorous Interpretation
James McCoy and Grace Burrows-6th in Duo Interpretation
Scholastic Art Winners:
- Benjamin Meyer - Gold Key for "Yellowstone"
- Anna Desmone - Gold Key for "Jubilee"
- Scholastic Art Honorable Mention:
- Sixtos Arellano - "Salty Water"
- Isaiah Barber - "Normalize Legalize:
- CJ Brooks - "Debt?"
- Laura Hartman - "Gratitude"
- Emerald Ingram - "the Truth of Society"
- Sequoia Kollros - "Color Me Happy"
- Frances Swiber - "Bliss" and "The Rift"
- Wrestling defeats East Duplin (1/20)
- Congratulation to Band Members for All-District Honors: (1/18)
- 9/10 Band
- Shiloh Waite, Flute - 5th Chair
- Madison Sonzogni, Bassoon - 1st Chair
- Rachel Leonard, Trumpet - 5th Chair
- Lydia Domitrovits, Horn - 8th Chair
- Charlie Tulevech, Tuba - 4th Chair
- 11/12 Band
- Alyssa Mickle, Clarinet - 4th Chair
- Sarah Parkhurst, Clarinet - 18th Chair
- Ryleigh Moore, Trumpet - 6th Chair
- Varsity Girls' Basketball: defeated SW Onslow (1/13)
- Wrestling: finished 2nd in the Beast of the East Tournament at Croatan High School
- Charles Corbell and Grant Hall won 1st place.
- JV Boys' Basketball defeated Swansboro (12/8)
- Wrestling defeated West Carteret High School (12/7)
- Varsity Boy's game suspended in 2nd quarter and will be rescheduled later. (12/7)
- Varsity Girl's lost to East Carteret
- JV Boy's and Girl's Basketball lost to East Carteret.
- Boy's and Girl's Swim Team won 1st Place at the MacDaddy's County Fish Bowl. (12/5)
- Boy's Basketball defeated Richlands (12/2)
- Girl's Basketball lost to Richlands (12/2)
- The Speech and Debate Team finished 38th out of 116 teams from over 30 states at George Mason University .
- Individual Winners
Chiragji Odedra-Finalist 6th Place (out of approx.160 students) in Original Oratory
Frantasia Hill-Semifinalist (Top 14 out of approx. 160 students) in Original Oratory
Russell D'Amico-Quarterfinalist in Extemporaneous Speaking
Jensen Stephenson-Quarterfinalist in Dramatic Interpretation
Alena Bradley-Quarterfinalist in Program Oral Interpretation
Link your Lowe's Foods card to Croatan to support our Cougars while shopping for groceries. Click here to help.